Nandrin Tower, locally known as Donjon de Nandrin, is situated in the center of the village with the same name, in the province of Liège in the Wallonia region in Belgium.
The domain of Nandrin belonged to the collegiate chapter of St. Paul in Liège. In 1181 it was ceded to the Bishop of Liège and became a feudal lordship under episcopal rule.
Nandrin Tower was built at the end of the 13th century, possibly by Baudouin de Saint-Servais. After his daughter married Walthier de Corswarem Maron, the tower stayed in that family for several generations.
In the 16th century two wings with 2 small square corner towers were added to the tower. Situated in a small lake, and only accessible over an arched bridge from the bailey, this gave the estate a real castle-like appearance.
In 1594 Nandrin Tower was sold by Thierry de Hoen to Philippe le Rouseau de Saint-Esprit. In 1619, in need of money, Prince-Bishop Ferdinand of Bavaria sold the land and lordship of Nandrin. Half was sold to Jean de Méan and the other half to Philippe de Saint-Esprit, with the stipulation that the bishopric could at any time repay them and regain property of the estate.
Philippe and his wife died without heirs and their property went to their nephews.
At the end of the 17th century Nandrin Tower belonged to Arnold de Soumagne and his wife Catherine de Rougrave. Their coats of arms can be seen above the gate to the former bailey. In 1763, they lost the title of Lord of Nandrin after the bishopric had repaid for it.
Descendants of Arnold de Soumagne kept the property until 1858 when it was sold to Victor van den Steen de Jehay. In 1973, the tower was purchased by the Duchene family, who restored it. By then the 16th century additions had already disappeared.
At present the bailey is used as a farm and the tower as a private residence. Both can not be visited.