Leignon Castle, locally known as Château de Leignon, lies next to the village of the same name, in the province of Namur in the Wallonia region in Belgium.
Before Leignon Castle was built there was an earlier building on this site, dating back to the 17th century, on an old estate belonging to the Stavelot Abbey. Around 1890 the estate with all its buildings were bought by Isidore Jacques Eggermont, a Belgian diplomat from Ghent. He then had everything completely rebuilt by the Belgian architect Auguste Van Assche, giving the castle its present appearance.
In 1953 the castle was bought from the Eggermont family by the National Railway Company of Belgium. Later that century the estate was gradually broken up. The castle is now a private residence again. The stables and the outbuildings are home to a youth organisation organizing horse camps and the lands are part of a separate farm.
At present Leignon Castle is a private residence and can thus not be visited. Sadly enough one can not see the front of the castle but only the back and one side. Must be a great place to live in.