Hoen Castle, locally known as Kasteel van Hoen or Kasteel van Rummen, lies between the villages of Geetbets and Rummen, in the Flemish Brabant province in the Flemish region in Belgium.
At the end of the 16th century the Hoen family had gained a lot of lands in this area and the village of Rummen was in the hands of Guillaume Hoen de Cartiels, son of Henri Hoen and Anna de Horion. In 1629, his son; Jean Hoen, built Hoen Castle.
In 1657 the castle was partly destroyed by a fire. Several drawings from the 17th and 18th century show that the castle consisted of a rectangular castle with corner towers, a U-shaped bailey south of it and an outer bailey, used as a farm, west of it.
The castle itself was demolished some time after 1887. Only the present ruin of one of its corner towers remained. The U-shaped bailey has also disappeared. The outer bailey was restored in 2008/2009.
At present the bailey of Hoen Castle is private property and used as a venue for events and weddings. The ruined tower stands in the garden of a private residence next to it. A nice castle.